This best-selling resource comprehensively covers human embryology and teratology, presenting all of the complex clinical and scientific concepts in an engaging, lucid, and practical way. Completely revised and updated, the 7th Edition consistently emphasizes the clinical aspects by using a wealth of case studies, clinical correlations, and hundreds of outstanding illustrations.
• Features a wealth of clinical case studies—and hundreds of color photgraphs—enabling readers to relate what they are learning to clinical practice.
• Contains a chapter on birth defects that can be used as a "mini textbook" on the subject.
• Integrates the molecular aspects of embryonic development, including information on stem cells · homeobox genes · gamete formation · regulation control and the molecules/receptors involved · gene activity and expression · and more.
• Includes illustrations of new diagnostic procedures, including sonographs, MRIs, electron micrographs, 3D images, and clinical photographs.
• Includes the new terminology developed for embryology—the Terminoligica Embryologica.
• Presents completely revised and updated Clinically Oriented Questions and Answers based on the current requirements of the USMLE Step 1.
• Has been reviewed by leading geneticists and pediatricians to ensure that all of the information reflects the realities of clinical practice.
The book contains predominantly color illustrations, with some black-and-white illustrations.
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Publication date: 12/27/2002
Edition description: Older Edition
Edition number: 7
Product dimensions: 8.48 (w) x 10.96 (h) x 0.94 (d)
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: