Paperback: 837 pages Publisher: Financial Times/ Prentice Hall; 8 edition (3 May 2007) ISBN: 9780273708889
This long established market leader has set standards that few texts have equalled in terms of accessibility of writing style, clarity of presentation and popularity with students and teachers alike. Written from a managerial perspective and packed with contemporary references to management research and practice, it continues to prove the student’s OB text of choice.
This eighth edition brings fresh evidence to explore theory in practice, and a wide range of brand new and intriguing examples and case studies on issues and organisations that are engaging, relevant and contemporary. It also provides an abundance of online student self-assessment resources.
The breadth of appeal of this text makes it ideal for Management and Organisation courses from HND level through undergraduate and up to MBA.
From the Back Cover
Management starts with Mullins
Thousands of students worldwide have made a successful start to their studies with Management and Organisational Behaviour. Written in an engaging style and packed with contemporary references to management research and practice, this book continues to be the Organisational Behaviour text of choice for today’s students.
A range of intriguing examples and case studies illustrate the theories of human behaviour at work, and the influence of individuals, leaders and groups on organisational performance. Find out:
- how different organisational cultures developed under high-profile, individual leadership at Virgin Atlantic and Ryanair.
- how a multinational organisation like Dell, grew from a small business to a global giant, mobilising workers across three continents to deliver your new PC to your door.
- what the ingenuity and enterprise of Nobel prize-winner Mohammed Yunus and Grameen Bank can do to relieve third-world poverty.
- why personal social responsibility, ethical leadership and philanthropy is important to Bill Gates, Warren Buffet and Anita Roddick.
- what the organisational goals in working toward an event like the London Olympics reveal about organisational strategy.
Using frequent questions and exercises, a clear layout, and additional online resources, this book will enable you to
- think critically about topical issues and debates.
- develop your personal and professional skills for work and study.
- reinforce and assess your knowledge and understanding.
- navigate your way through the text efficiently and effectively.
- succeed in your project work, research and exams.
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: